Throughout our 14-year history, Advertising Week has strived to feature female thought leadership, and this year features our most ambitious roster to date. From stars of stage and screen, to unparalleled champions of sport, to some of the bravest people in the world – of any gender – Advertising Week 2017 is proud to announce our line-up of Empowered Women.
- Marking her second appearance at Advertising Week, Jessica Alba of the Honest Company sits down with Harry Kargman of Kargo and Neil Blumenthal of Warby Parker to discuss the strategies that she and her team have used to build a brand in a mobile-first world.
- One of the most accomplished women in the history of sports, tennis star Venus Williams, joins Richard Kirshenbaum, CEO of SWAT, to share her secrets to building a successful brand like EleVen in today’s economy.
- You undoubtedly know Joan Jett as a singer, songwriter, and all-around rock ‘n’ roll icon of the past few decades, but did you also know that she is the first female to own her own record label? Jamie Robinson of Joan Creative sits down with Joan Jett to discuss forging your own path with courage, conviction, and a rebellious spirit.
- Smart brands are looking to make impactful change, but how can they get started? What questions should they be asking, and how can they get others involved? Civil Rights Activist and Women’s March Co-Founder Tamika Mallory joins a panel at Advertising Week to answer all of these questions and more.
- Do what’s right, even if it breaks the norm – that’s the message you’ll hear from acclaimed TV journalist Gretchen Carlson as she joins Laura Brounstein from Cosmopolitan and Emily Steel of the NY Times as they discuss how bravery can set an example for girls and women the world over.
Passes to #AWNewYork are now available – register today and don’t miss this amazing line-up of female speakers.